Friday, December 2, 2011

The Final Year - Its coming !

Some of you have heard me say that I want to start a blog of sorts to record on a daily basis the year leading up to Dec 21, 2012.  As a child I recall being very interested in all sorts of things.  I guess as I got older, a part of me remained as that child, as I am still interested in all sorts of things.  Some of my favourite shows the past couple of years have been Ancient Aliens, Fringe, and The Big Bang Theory.  I watch cable TV, History Channel, NatGeo, Nova, etc.   I did say that I am interested in all sorts of things.  While I am not convinced that the world will be coming to an end as the Mayan Calendar comes to an end, I am convinced that we are about to enter a new Age.....I remember having the World Book Encyclopedia printed version on the bookshelf.  It included a book of fables.  Henny Penny some may recall as famously saying, "The sky is Falling Down, the sky is falling down"  The phrase The sky is falling! features prominently in the story, and has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.  Yeah, I know, the sky really isn't falling down, but the world we live in is changing faster than ever.  Does anyone still have printed encyclopedias or reference in their homes ?  You can get everything you want on the internet...Have you heard of Global Warming ?  Have you read about other natural disasters in recent years ?  I will explore thru photos, video, clips from various sources, as well as some of my favourite recipes, quotes, etc. a collection if you will of "The Final Year".  I am excited.  How about you ?  More to follow starting Dec 21, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Harold Camping just released a new schedule of "End of the World" dates. Key dates include EVERY DAY UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete