Saturday, December 8, 2012

Happy Chanukah

Tried my best to sleep late.  Made it to 630, and ten tossed and turned for another hour before getting out of bed.

The view from the window, showed some fog.   I am sure it will clear by sundown, and any lingering rain will be gone as well, with Chanukah celebration tonight.  My dad used to tease that is rarely rains on Jewish holidays.

Costco on my radar this morning, so after my run, I shower up, and get a jump on the crowds, or so I thought.  $500 and a full cart later, I make my way home.  Luke helps me unpack.  He looks around for something to eat, and says there isn't anything to eat.

This day in history "John Lennon, a former member of the Beatles, the rock group that transformed popular music in the 1960s, is shot and killed by an obsessed fan in New York City. The 40-year-old artist was entering his luxury Manhattan apartment building when Mark David Chapman shot him four times at close range with a .38-caliber revolver. Lennon, bleeding profusely, was rushed to the hospital but died en route. Chapman had received an autograph from Lennon earlier in the day and voluntarily remained at the scene of the shooting until he was arrested by police. For a week, hundreds of bereaved fans kept a vigil outside the Dakota--Lennon's apartment building--and demonstrations of mourning were held around the world."

I can remember it all too well, as I was and still am a Beatles fan.

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No people below us, above it's only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

After lunch, I planted the remaining 45 feet of lighted candy canes.  Luke is right, we need another decoration for the front lawn.

Going to the 3rd annual Christmas party at our friend Eddie McKenna house.  A zantac has already been washed down with dinner, as I know the feast at his house is going to cause some heartburn later.  I can't resist all the party food.

I have some Chanukah gelt for the boys, as I promised them we would celebrate early this year with the Mayan calendar coming to an end.

Photo of the day "Happy Chanukah"



Magic Number 101

No comments:

Post a Comment