Wednesday, December 5, 2012

LIPA Mistake

I forgot that LIPA misread my meter last month.  So, they read the meter that displays the power the solar panels have produced as opposed to their meter which is how much we used.  The end effect is a messed up bill.  How we produced 8000KW in one month with a 5500 KW system (that's its yearly rating) is beyond me.

I called LIPA and they said not to worry and they would come in the middle of December and make the adjustment, not to pay any bills, and they will not charge any penalties or shut off our power.  Solar panels and system is in place  for nearly two years, and in that time they screwed up the readings 3 times.  I may have to put a sign and arrow saying "My Meter, Your Meter"

This day in history "Heavy smog begins to hover over London, England, on this day in 1952. It persists for four days, leading to the deaths of at least 4,000 people.
It was a Thursday afternoon when a high-pressure air mass stalled over the Thames River Valley. When cold air arrived suddenly from the west, the air over London became trapped in place. The problem was exacerbated by low temperatures, which caused residents to burn extra coal in their furnaces. The smoke, soot and sulfur dioxide from the area's industries along with that from cars and consumer energy usage caused extraordinarily heavy smog to smother the city. By the morning of December 5, there was a visible pall cast over hundreds of square miles."

We had some thick fog over the weekend, and thankfully we don't burn coal and wood for the most part.  See, dirty power kills, clean power is good.

Took Kyle to practice in Deer Park.  Unseasonably warm.  Good time to go for a run.  Some parents think I am crazy for running at night in that area by the train station.  I told them growing up in the projects in Queens, the neighborhood around the train looks fine to me.  I do stay on well lit main road so that I dont become a statistic.

Get home around 930, and find Sue and Luke snoozing on the couch.  They DVR two broke girls.  Kyle and I make a snack and head to bed at 1030.

Nothing too exciting to report except that my leg is holding up fairly well on 3 mile runs approx: every other day.  Will take it up a notch next week and try for 4 miles.  A far cry from my 4.5-8 mile runs in Sept and Oct.  As Arnold said "I'll be back"

Photo of the day "LIPA Mistake"


Magic Number 115

No comments:

Post a Comment