Sunday, April 22, 2012

BIRTHDAY


Sue and Kyle left at 6am for soccer matches in Connecticut.  By  8am I was already up and helping out with some changes and incidents at work.  Yeah, I know it’s the weekend.

Drop off some old kodachrome slides at Costco to have them scanned in and made into digital format so that I can make a surprise gift for my friend Ned.

Go for a morning run when it is still cool and cloudy.  The run gets interrupted by a phone call, so it ended up being two runs recorded., and the last half a mile, the sun had already broken thru.

Kyle wins his first game and has an amazing goal (that’s what Sue txt me).  The 2nd game hours later ends in a tie score.

This day in history “On April 21, 1967, General Motors (GM) celebrates the manufacture of its 100 millionth American-made car. At the time, GM was the world's largest automaker.
General Motors was established in 1908 in Flint, Michigan, by horse-drawn carriage mogul William Durant. In 1904, Durant invested in the Buick Motor Company, which was started in 1903 by Scottish-born inventor David Dunbar Buick. Within a few years of forming his company, Buick lost control of it and sold his stock, which would later be worth hundreds of millions of dollars. (In 1929, Buick died at age 74 in relative obscurity and modest circumstances). Durant made Buick Motors the cornerstone of his new holding company, General Motors, then acquired Oldsmobile, Cadillac and Reliance Motor Company, among other auto and truck makers.”

After running some errands, dropping of Luke at a friend’s house, I do a couple o loads of laundry.
Pick up Luke and get ready to go to Ned’s party.  Sue is stuck in traffic in Connecticut.

Ned, a childhood friend is celebrating his 50th birthday party, and I get to see some old friends and his relatives.  My, my how time has flown by.  I am not far behind..

They say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you
Ah
Ah
Ah
Come on
Come on
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Dance yeah
Oh
Come on
I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
I would like you to dance (Birthday)
Oh dance! Dance
They say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too, yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you

Keeping with the Beatles theme this week, we have to go with “BIRTHDAY

Photo of the day “BIRTHDAY”


P.S. I hope Ned likes his gifts....

No comments:

Post a Comment