Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dark Side of the Moon


Slept in till almost 8am today, and stayed home with Luke while Sue went into Randall’s Island for Kyle’s soccer game.  I went to the gym where I met up with Gene and VB.  Chatted with both for a few minutes and then continued working out. 

Spackled the wall in the basement, and I must say, it looks like crap.  Once it is dry, I will try to sand it and see if it will at least look better than the crater that was there before I attempted to put up some new sheetrock.  Now I know why people hire others to do sheetrock work.  Maybe once painted we can put a poster on that piece of wall.

This day in history “1973, Pink Floyd released their eighth studio album 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' in the US. It remained in the US charts for 741 discontinuous weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. After moving to the Billboard Top Pop Catalog Chart, the album notched up a further 759 weeks, and had reached a total of over 1,500 weeks on the combined charts by May 2006. With an estimated 45 million copies sold, it is Pink Floyd's most commercially successful album and one of the best-selling albums worldwide.”


Kyle scores a goal in his soccer match and his team takes its first win 2-0 for the season.

Sue and Kyle come back home and snack on some Wendy’s they picked up.

Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner is what Luke wants, and gets.

We negotiate an allowance for Luke.   He agrees to set table, cleanup after dinner, put out and take in the garbage and recycle, cleanup the family room, and put away the shoes and sneakers that get scattered by the front door.  $7.50 per week and only if I am happy with the level of service. 

I drop Kyle off at Gia’s house, and pick up some sunflower seeds from CVS.

Sue asks me to order MLS stations on Cablevision and we are watching some soccer now.  Cost is up, just like everything else…$79.  I think it was $49 last year.

I guess it is time to relax and fill my Pink Floyd glass with a beer, sit back and relax.  I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon.

Tonight starts daylight savings time.  The is no day light on the dark side of the moon.

Photo of the day “Dark Side of the Moon”


No comments:

Post a Comment