Friday, March 23, 2012

THE OK CORRAL


OK, I must sound like a broken record.  Today was another nice spring day on the island.  

Started work at 0615, still working at 8pm while I write this blog.  OK

Not OK

I did get a chance to unwrap the fig trees, and they looked OK.

I did get a chance to take Luke to the Dr., and he said Lukes heel is OK.

This day in history “On this day in 1839, the initials "O.K." are first published in The Boston Morning Post. Meant as an abbreviation for "oll correct," a popular slang misspelling of "all correct" at the time, OK steadily made its way into the everyday speech of Americans.
During the late 1830s, it was a favorite practice among younger, educated circles to misspell words intentionally, then abbreviate them and use them as slang when talking to one another. Just as teenagers today have their own slang based on distortions of common words, such as "kewl" for "cool" or "DZ" for "these," the "in crowd" of the 1830s had a whole host of slang terms they abbreviated. Popular abbreviations included "KY" for "No use" ("know yuse"), "KG" for "No go" ("Know go"), and "OW" for all right ("oll wright").

Eggplant Parm hero was better than OK.

My Kayak arrived today.  It is still wrapped, I hope it is OK.

Is it Ok if I have some fermented agave cactus ?

Photo of the day ”The OK Corral”


No comments:

Post a Comment