Friday, March 30, 2012

Extra Energy


Like sands thru the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.  TGIF. 

Dropped Kyle off at the bus and the sun was just starting to make an appearance.

Off to work, where the highlight of the day was going to grab some pizza and soup with the guys.

Stopped at Lombardi market to pick up some roast beef, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and horseradish sauce hero for tomorrows bus trip to Lancaster Mass.  2 soccer games scheduled and not such a great forecast…we may get to see some slushy snow.

Sue is working late tonight so she won’t be home till around 1030pm.


This day in history “John Denver has his first #1 hit with "Sunshine On My Shoulders"  Of his many enormous hits in the 1970s, none captured the essence of John Denver better than his first #1 song, "Sunshine On My Shoulders," which reached the top of the pop charts on this day in 1974.
"Sunshine On My Shoulders" was John Denver's attempt to write a sad song, which is really all one needs to know in order to understand what made Denver so appealing to so many. "I was so down I wanted to write a feeling-blue song," he told Seventeen magazine in 1974, "[but] this is what came out." Originally released on his 1971 album Poems, Prayers and Promises, Denver's lovely ode to the restorative powers of sunlight only became a smash hit when re-released on his John Denver's Greatest Hits album in late 1973—an album that went on to sell more than 10 million copies worldwide.

I sure hope we get lucky tomorrow and have some sunshine on my shoulders.

Luke has chicken wings for dinner, then we decide to play one more lottery ticket. 

Luke gets the numbers from a fortune cookie, we put on our running shoes and run the 1.25 miles to the 7-11.  Play the lottery and start walking home.  We decide to run the rest of the way home.  So tonight we add 2 miles to goal.

Having not eaten dinner myself, now I am hungry.  Luke suggests pancakes.  That kid sure can eat.

Kyle gets picked up from his girlfriend at 830PM, Luke gets dropped off at his friend’s house on the way home.

Kyle is packing his soccer bag as I write the blog.  I told Luke to TXT me at 1025PM to make sure I don’t fall asleep on the couch.

I should have had that extra cup of coffee when I got home this afternoon….

I seem to have extra energy today anyway. 

The Solar Power was cranking.  Produced almost 30KW today !

Photo of the day “Extra Energy”


No comments:

Post a Comment