Tuesday, September 4, 2012

School Traffic

Kyle is loud.  At 5:20 there was no mistaking the fact that Kyle was already awake and heading to the shower.

I tried to stay in bed as my alarm was set for 5:45.   Soon, Kyle opens the master bedroom door draped in towel to get a cue-tip.  Alright, that's it...I shut the alarm clock off and jump in the shower.

Kyle and I cook our eggs pack our lunches and have plenty of time before heading to the bus stop.

This day in history "On this day in 1886, Apache chief Geronimo surrenders to U.S. government troops. For 30 years, the mighty Native American warrior had battled to protect his tribe's homeland; however, by 1886 the Apaches were exhausted and hopelessly outnumbered. General Nelson Miles accepted Geronimo's surrender, making him the last Indian warrior to formally give in to U.S. forces and signaling the end of the Indian Wars in the Southwest"

I wonder what Luke is learning in school today.  Sue dropped him at the bus at 730..a short time before she headed to work.

The rain is coming down hard, and a river is flowing in the front of the driveway as Kyle and make our way out.  A crowd of cars at the intersection leading to Kyle's bus.  2 buses each a block apart causes a backlog of cars.  Why 2 bus routes going to the same school on slightly diverging paths....who knows.

The traffic is looking bad as I look west on the LIE from the Broadway Ave overpass.  The new traffic pattern...school in session is mentally recalled.  The summer party is over.  My commute took twice as long and I will also have to figure out how to get my running in.....

After dinner, Luke and I catch a handful of bass each in a quick jaunt to the lake when we see a break in the rain.
Photo of the day "School Traffic"


P.S. The boys had a good day at school...Sue survived as well.  It is going to be another early night I think

No comments:

Post a Comment