Sunday, September 2, 2012

What the F

Don't get all bent out of shape.  This is a clean blog.

Fun, Fishing, Figs, Fitness, Fifty

I started my day early as usual and decided to take my run into Sans Succi park.  A change of pace.

Having a lazy Saturday and having Fun at the same time.   It starts out with running about 7 miles which is getting easier and easier due to better Fitness.

Our daily routine also takes us to the side yard where we dig worms, and pick some Figs.

This day in history "On September 1, 1998, the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991 finally goes into effect. The law required that all cars and light trucks sold in the United States have air bags on both sides of the front seat."

Federal Law.  A good one to help save lives.  I recall sitting in the front seat of my Dad's SS Nova, and if we came to a sudden stop his arm would instinctively swing towards me to hold me in my seat.  Ironic, that even with seat belts, and airbags, I find that I do the same thing on the rare occasions I have to come to an abrupt stop with of the boys in the front seat.

What would a lazy end of summer Saturday be without an hour of two at the lake.  This time, we choose Lake Ronkonkoma, and with the wind making pretty big waves on the west side of the lake, we have to get seek out more sheltered water.

I spot a trail by the boat ramp and beach, and make my way back to a small cove where a sheltered pond shows signs of life.  I call Luke over, and he proceeds to catch some small Fish.  We make our way to the East side of the lake to a new "honey hole"  We spend the next hour or so catching a variety of sunfish, bass, perch, and the prize catch, a Crappie Fish.

So, what do you say about our lazy (not so) day  ?   What the F ?  Fifty gives me a whole new perspective.

Photo of the day "FIGS"



P.S. We seem to have great success with the purple Fig tree.  Another tree, planted right next to it is a white Fig tree which we can't seem to coax any ripe fruit.  There is still some summer left, but for the past couple of years, this tree grows lots of fruit, bu they stay rock hard.   I need comments on how to get white figs to ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment