Monday, September 17, 2012

Viva La Vida -

Even though it was a day off, I did not sleep late.  I promised Luke we would go out on a full day fishing trip before the weather turns fierce.

This morning, I woke up at around 5am, 30 minutes before the alarm was set to go off.  A quick shower and it was time to start rousing Luke from his slumber.  Luke has his TV on at 530 AM ?  Is he awake already ? Nope, sound asleep but easily coaxed to a nod when I told him it was time to go fishing.

I remember my dad used to wake me up at ungodly hours to go fishing.  I never minded it... after all the early bird gets the worm, and the worm gets the fish.

This day in history "On September 17, 1976, NASA publicly unveils its first space shuttle, the Enterprise, during a ceremony in Palmdale, California. Development of the aircraft-like spacecraft cost almost $10 billion and took nearly a decade. In 1977, the Enterprise became the first space shuttle to fly freely when it was lifted to a height of 25,000 feet by a Boeing 747 airplane and then released, gliding back to Edwards Air Force Base on its own accord."

1976 was a bi-centennial year, and I was in the boy scouts.  I remember being patriotic and having an interest in the space program.  It is such a shame that we no longer have reusable space vehicles and no real prospects for future manned space exploration.

Back here in earth, Luke and I have a great day of fishing.  No doubt that we are high hook for the day and after we filled a bucket, we started giving fish away.  A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. A great day of fishing is awesome  !  

After fishing we head home to celebrate Suzanne's birthday.  40 something years old.  Sue picks a mexican/spanish place.  We get the table side guacamole and enjoy a nice meal.  Back home we sing happy birthday and give Sue her gifts.  No gift receipt needed as they are all keepers.  

Fish for dinner tomorrow night for sure.  I think our neighbors need some fish too.

Photo of the day "Viva La Vida"



Viva La Vida - The name of the restaurant
Viva La Vida - Long Live Life

I can say that we all had some fun today.  Kyle is still out having fun at his girlfriends house and soon at half price apps.....Luke fell asleep on the couch...Sue is starting to nod off.  I will sleep well tonight after a long day on the water.

My Tshirt.....Life is Good !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment