Thursday, January 5, 2012

T-PAIN Mic


Two weeks of blogging went pretty fast.  I want to thank everyone for following, reading, or even occasionally stumbling onto the blog.  Comments are always welcome, as are any ideas, or overall suggestions.  You would think that someone working nearly 30 years with computer, networks, information systems, etc. would have a nicer looking blog.  Gavin said he will help me give it a little overhaul before he heads back up to Hartwick.

Being back at work, and back to the daily grind, I can see that sometimes it is going to be difficult to grab that photo of the day, so bear with me.  As we get more daylight, and/or something unique to capture, I will. 

Tomorrow I am meeting Swami for lunch with some of the other guys from work.  Yes, once a week we try to go out for pizza, bodega food, Chipolte, Indian Buffet, or something.   Bringing lunch from home is great, it saves money and keeps the waist from growing out of control, but a good excuse to get out of the office for an hour is fine with me.

Today in history has a lot of cool things:
On this day in 1933, construction starts on what will become one of America's most famous landmarks: the Golden Gate Bridge. When completed in 1937, the Golden Gate has a 4,200-foot-long suspension span, making it the world's longest suspension bridge. Since opening to the public in May 1937, almost 2 billion vehicles have crossed the bridge, in both the north- and southbound directions.

Also on this day in presidential history, Richard Nixon signs a bill authorizing $5.5 million in funding to develop a space shuttle. The space shuttle represented a giant leap forward in the technology of space travel. Designed to function more like a cost-efficient "reusable" airplane than a one-use-only rocket-launched capsules, the shuttle afforded NASA pilots and scientists more time in space with which to conduct space-related research. NASA launched Columbia, the first space shuttle, in 1981.

Hip hop's roots as a musical phenomenon are subject to debate, but its roots as a commercial phenomenon are much clearer. They trace back directly to January 5, 1980, when the song "Rapper's Delight" became the first hip hop single ever to reach the Billboard top 40.

I really like engineering marvels, and the first two fit the bill.  I mean the Golden Gate bridge was the longest expansion bridge at the time, and we all know that the Space Shuttle was the pinnacle of engineering and ingenuity.   Keeping with the spirit of the blog, wouldn’t it be great if within our lifetimes, we have regular space travel to and from inhabitable space stations or satellites like the moon ?  One day, we may need to branch out from our home planet, especially if it is unable to support our expansion.  How many billions of people can the planet and its resources support ?

Lastly, we get to Hip Hop.  My least favorite genre to be honest, but I remember the sugar hill gang, and kids beating on empty spackle buckets, and the ever popular but almost impossible to do, break dance.  It is perhaps the only piece of a RAP song that I have stuck in my head.  I grew up in the PJs in Flushing Queens - PJs = Projects...better known as housing projects in the city.    I have even embarrassed the kids and myself on multiple occasions singing a piece of the famous Rappers Delight.


Ask Gavin, Kyle, Luke, or Sue…they will tell you that I have blurted out the words or something very similar a number of times.  Luke has even heard me use the newest technological invention to enhance my, let’s say off key voice….  T-PAIN Mic, I salute you for helping me feel like a kid again (still).

Skiddlee beebop a we rock a scoobie doo , and guess what America we love you ,
I don’t mean to brag I don’t mean to boast , but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast

Photo of the day”T-PAIN Mic”

P.S. Let me know if you want me to dig out some doom and gloom......

No comments:

Post a Comment