Thursday, May 10, 2012

Caterpillar - They're Back

Sue left early to go on a school trip to Philadelphia.  Its going to be a long day for her.  That left me the drop off for both Kyle and Luke.  I dropped Luke off at 730 and then hit some pretty brutal traffic on the LIE.  There is no real public transportation options from Holbrook to Hauppauge.  My 13 mile commute took an uncivilized 59 minutes.  I am still happy that I don't work in NYC or it would take me like 2 hrs.

Once home from work it was a quick bite to eat, and then i dropped Kyle off at soccer practice.

This day in history "On this day in 1869, the presidents of the Union Pacific and Central Pacific railroads meet in Promontory, Utah, and drive a ceremonial last spike into a rail line that connects their railroads. This made transcontinental railroad travel possible for the first time in U.S. history. No longer would western-bound travelers need to take the long and dangerous journey by wagon train, and the West would surely lose some of its wild charm with the new connection to the civilized East."

Judging from the way folks used to travel, we are pretty lucky now to have the planes, trains, and automobiles that keep us connected.   Now the Internet connects all parts of the world in an instant.

Luke was playing with the neighbors and still had some homework to do, so I ran an errand and came back home for a while before picking Kyle back up.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the discovery the boys made today...the ugliest, hairiest gypsy moth caterpillar I have seen in years.  They're back !

Sue should be home soon.  I think its going to be another early night.  Damn, I didn't run tonight or go to the gym.  What a slacker.

Photo of the day "Caterpillar"




No comments:

Post a Comment