Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tacos

I jinxed myself yesterday with the SSDD.  Last night I got a wake up call from work for a system that is fault tolerant and cant fail.  Well, something really went wrong, and the system was not cooperating.  By 1:30 AM I was done with the call and had switched all users and services away to our site in St. Louis.

This day in history"On this day in 1950, Lafayette Ronald Hubbard (1911-1986) publishes Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health. With this book, Hubbard introduced a branch of self-help psychology called Dianetics, which quickly caught fire and, over time, morphed into a belief system boasting millions of subscribers: Scientology.
Hubbard was already a prolific and frequently published writer by the time he penned the book that would change his life. Under several pseudonyms in the 1930s, he published a great amount of pulp fiction, particularly in the science fiction and fantasy genres. In late 1949, having returned from serving in the Navy in World War II, Hubbard began publishing articles in the pages of Astounding Science Fiction, a magazine that published works by the likes of Isaac Asimov and Jack Williamson. Out of these grew the elephantine text known as Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health."

I never read the book, but recall the late nite TV advertising of Dianetics.  Maybe I can download the book and have it played to me while exercising.  No run or gym tonight.  A tough day at work.

Once home, I had tacos on my mind.  So, beef tacos, rice, guacamole, tomatoes, black olives, cheddar cheese and sour cream.  Hard or soft tacos, we had both.

After dinner, it is out to Best Buy for a printer.  The printer has been messing up for weeks now, and is actually haunted.  it creeps everyone out, as it resets itself 20 times a day and much more frequently noticed when the house is dark and quiet.  Well, too many times it just wont print, or prints partial pages.

I don't think this printer is even two years old and it pisses me off.  I buy another HP, so I guess I am not 100% disgusted with the brand.  The price of ink is another travesty.  The on-sale HP printer was purchased with a 2year no questions asked warranty.  In other words, an extra $19.95, and I swear if this printer gives me any grief, it is the Geek Squads problem.

Photo of the day "Tacos"




No comments:

Post a Comment