Monday, July 9, 2012

Blowing in the wind

Damn, is it Monday already.  I am getting used to be home for summer vacation.  After all, everyone else in the house is on vacation.

No sooner do I logon at work, do I get called into a meeting that has me busy most of the day.  Look on the bright side, the day flew by.

This day in history ""This here ain't no protest song or anything like that, 'cause I don't write no protest songs." That was how Bob Dylan introduced one of the most eloquent protest songs ever written when he first performed it publicly. It was the spring of his first full year in New York City, and he was onstage at Gerde's Folk City in Greenwich Village, talking about a song he claims to have written in just 10 minutes: "Blowin' In The Wind." A few weeks later, on this day in 1962, Dylan walked into a studio and recorded the song that would make him a star."


Back home, a quick dinner and then a bike ride with Sue and Luke.


Hells Kitchen and Master Chef on the TV.  Makes me want to eat.


Photo of the day "Blowing in the wind"

No comments:

Post a Comment