Follow by Email

Monday, July 16, 2012

OC 2012 - Day 4 - Tattoo

Why would my phone ring at 2am and 5am?  Work calling while I am on vacation.

The first one I thought I was dreaming until the 2nd call came and when I answered it , there was a missed call and a message.

No early morning run.  Instead a lazy morning and we made our way to Assateague Island.  We did some crabbing and some clamming.  Gavin and Krista went on a Kayak ride through the bay.

This day in history "At 9:32 a.m. EDT, Apollo 11, the first U.S. lunar landing mission, is launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, on a historic journey to the surface of the moon. After traveling 240,000 miles in 76 hours, Apollo 11 entered into a lunar orbit on July 19.
The next day, at 1:46 p.m., the lunar module Eagle, manned by astronauts Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, separated from the command module, where a third astronaut, Michael Collins, remained. Two hours later, the Eagle began its descent to the lunar surface, and at 4:18 p.m. the craft touched down on the southwestern edge of the Sea of Tranquility. Armstrong immediately radioed to Mission Control in Houston a famous message, "The Eagle has landed." At 10:39 p.m., five hours ahead of the original schedule, Armstrong opened the hatch of the lunar module. Seventeen minutes later, at 10:56 p.m., Armstrong spoke the following words to millions listening at home: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." A moment later, he stepped off the lunar module's ladder, becoming the first human to walk on the surface of the moon.
Aldrin joined him"

Back down on earth, things move much slower, especially when it is hot and humid...perfect beach weather. Sue catches the biggest crab.  We stop at the seafood shack (shrimp boat) on the way back.  We see wild horses and deer while in Assateague.

When I get back, I decide to go to the ocean beach for a swim and some boarding.  No takers this time, so i go solo.  Great waves and it cooled me down.

Back home, it's time for a shower and then get dinner ready.  As is the custom, we have crabs, clams, fresh shrimp (heads on), some fish we caught, and spaghetti and clam sauce.

After dinner, we chill until its time to go the boardwalk.

We find the artist doing tattoo, and after showing him the picture on my cell phone, he says he can do it.  It takes the artist about 15 minutes, and I have my first tattoo.

Photo of the day "The Final Year Tattoo"

Luke gets a Monster lightening bolt, Kyle a cool gecko.  Another first....we try some fried oreo cookies.

Settling in with a Stella and some Jalapeno poppers.  Tomorrow its supposed to hit 98 degrees.  Bring it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment