Friday, July 6, 2012

Where are all the crabs ?

On the second day of my summer vacation, I woke up.  I got out of bed.  I went downstairs to make a cup of coffee and a couple of eggs.  A creature of habit.  Today, however, I read the newspaper too.

At 9am it is time to mow the lawn.  Has been about 2 weeks now, and I think between the heat, and lack of fertilizer, it is not growing as fast as it did in the spring.

Kyle is waiting at the back door for a ride to the beach.  I volunteered to take him and some friends to the beach...that is drive them to the beach (so he can meet his girlfriend).

This day in history "The front-page headline of the Liverpool Evening Express on July 6, 1957, read "MERSEYSIDE SIZZLES," in reference to the heat wave then gripping not just northern England, but all of Europe. The same headline could well have been used over a story that received no coverage at all that day: The story of the first encounter between two Liverpool teenagers named John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Like the personal and professional relationship it would lead to, their historic first meeting was a highly charged combination of excitement, rivalry and mutual respect"


Music would never be the same.


Once back from the drop off at the beach, we decide to go to Sayville to ride bikes, and see if any crabs are biting.  It is high tide at 2pm.  We fish and crab for about an hour, and only get one crab.

Where are all the crabs ?

Back home after stopping at Carvel for some ice cream.  Sue orders the new Girl Scout Cookie Samosa Sundae...I sneak a few spoons since we are both sitting in the back seat of the car.  Gavin driving, and Luke called shotgun.

Back home just in time to make some iced coffee for the ride to the beach to pick up Kyle.

Kyle has summer league soccer, so I run out to grab some sushi.

I decide to ride my bike to the soccer field.  About 6 miles with some hills thrown in to test my stamina.  I make good time.  Kyle gets kicked hard in the calf and is sidelined with ice.  After about 20 minutes, the coach calls our cell phone and says Kyle should go home and ice his leg.  He hobbles off the field assisted by another player.

Back home, a quick shower, and time to settle in for the night.

I just remembered, we have one crab to cook....Where are all the crabs ?

Photo of the day "Crab"




No comments:

Post a Comment