Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pressure

Went on a long run, 6 miles this morning.  I will start to call it, 6 at 6.

Work had its ups and downs.  We are under a lot of pressure to resolve problems, especially during the Olympics.

We have fried King Fish for dinner tonight.  Sue is out with her friends.  Kyle has soccer practice.

This day in history "On July 31, 1975, James Riddle Hoffa, one of the most influential American labor leaders of the 20th century, disappears in Detroit, Michigan, never to be heard from again. Though he is popularly believed to have been the victim of a Mafia hit, conclusive evidence was never found, and Hoffa's death remains shrouded in mystery to this day."

I remember hearing all kinds of stories involving Jimmy Hoffa.  Like he is in the cement at the Meadowlands in NJ.  Everyone now knows the mob lives in NJ....thanks Sopranos.

While watching the Red Bulls, I get to see the Olympics spoiler that Phelps misses out on Gold, but takes a Silver in Butterfly.  He gets a Gold for relay.   "Phelps became the most decorated Olympian ever by anchoring the United States to a commanding victory in the 800-meter freestyle relay less than an hour after he lost a heartbreaking race."

There is so much pressure on these athletes.

I stop at Walmart to pick up some stuff.  I walk past the blood pressure station.  It is funny to me that a guy is in it getting his arm squeezed.  The other night watching "Maclom in the middle" we saw a scene where the security guard is purposely pushed into the seat, and trapped in the arm band....

After picking up my deodorant, I take a seat.   I think all the running I have been doing is good for my blood pressure.

Photo of the day "Pressure"


P.S. My pressure last year was closer to 120 / 80 with 88 beats per minute.

New Pressure 105 / 63 with 68 beats per minute.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment