Sunday, July 8, 2012

Praying Mantis

Another beautiful summer day.

Did some yard work and some swimming in the pool.  Had my shirt off while weeding and putting down mulch.  Now I have some bright red sunburn on my back.

I had Luke spray sunscreen on my back this afternoon, but it must have been too late.

This day in history "On this day in 1776, a 2,000-pound copper-and-tin bell now known as the “Liberty Bell” rings out from the tower of the Pennsylvania State House (now Independence Hall) in Philadelphia, summoning citizens to the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence. Four days earlier, the historic document had been adopted by delegates to the Continental Congress, but the bell did not ring to announce the issuing of the document until the Declaration of Independence returned from the printer on July 8."


Sue and Gavin are in Brooklyn with her brother Danny moving some heavier items out of the apartment.  Gavin gets to play with the chickens at Dan and Angels place.  He gets some honey from upstate.  


Once Sue and Gavin are back home, we grab a pizza, calamari, and mussels from Mama Lombardis.


After dinner, Luke I decide to go to the lake.  While packing up, I notice a praying mantis on the porch.


I am saying a prayer that my sunburn calms down, and that I don't blister or peel... 


At the lake, we catch a variety of fish, with one of my casts hooking up with a decent sized bass.


This mini vacation comes to an end.  That's ok, I have my regular vacation coming up....


Photo of the day "Praying Mantis"


No comments:

Post a Comment