Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Giant Snapping Turtle

Skip the run this morning to make my way into the office early.  I have to catch up on my monthly report and some other items before 730am.

No breakfast at home today, so I make oatmeal at work.  I add in the omega 3 trek mix from Trader Joe's and settle in for the day.

This day in history "
On this day in 1947, Kon-Tiki, a balsa wood raft captained by Norwegian anthropologist Thor Heyerdahl, completes a 4,300-mile, 101-day journey from Peru to Raroia in the Tuamotu Archipelago, near Tahiti. Heyerdahl wanted to prove his theory that prehistoric South Americans could have colonized the Polynesian islands by drifting on ocean currents."

Tonight Luke and I saw some Kayaks out on West Lake as we fished.  Luke had two bass before I even had my first bite.  Soon I caught up, and one of my fish, a healthy perch that fought as hard as a bass.  By the  end of the eve. we are neck and neck with the number of fish caught.  I have a surprise when something big takes my bait.  A worm hooked wacky sitting in the orange reflections at sunset...After a long fight I get the beast, a hefty snapping turtle to shore.

I end up havig to cut the line to release the snapper, as I would not risk getting too close to the fist sized head .  What a nice night out at West Lake.  No real photos to show...Luke and I both left our phones at home....

Photo of the day "Snapping Turtle"


No comments:

Post a Comment