Monday, August 27, 2012

Hell Week

For the first time all summer, Kyle was up before me.  Just like last year during the school year, Kyle would typically get up a few minutes ahead of me.  This time, it is for Sachem East Soccer tryouts.

By the time I got home, Kyle had already completed his 7am tryouts and was back at 5pm tryouts.  I got home late from work as the start of my work week makes me think it is hell week.  Issues actually found me last night and if you factor in the GMT time offset, hell week started just an hour before midnight.

No cooking for me tonight, Luke has some friends over.  Sue ordered a couple of pizzas.  Yum !

This day in history "

The most powerful volcanic eruption in recorded history occurs on Krakatau (also called Krakatoa), a small, uninhabited volcanic island located west of Sumatra in Indonesia, on this day in 1883. Heard 3,000 miles away, the explosions threw five cubic miles of earth 50 miles into the air, created 120-foot tsunamis and killed 36,000 people.
Krakatau exhibited its first stirrings in more than 200 years on May 20, 1883. A German warship passing by reported a seven-mile high cloud of ash and dust over Krakatau. For the next two months, similar explosions would be witnessed by commercial liners and natives on nearby Java and Sumatra. With little to no idea of the impending catastrophe, the local inhabitants greeted the volcanic activity with festive excitement."

When Krakatoa blew its top, it truly was hell on earth.

Luke is back outside swimming in the pool on one of these last days of summer.

8PM and I have a call to attend for work....just listening in and letting the engineers work.

We keep checking on the boys in the pool.  They are 13 years old and with 4 of them it is easy to keep an eye on them and not get mosquito bites.  Sue only sees 3 boys so she has to take a closer look.

With Hells's Kitchen coming on at 9pm, I have some tequila chilling.  I sure wish I had an onion so I can make some fresh salsa as a snack...dare I borrow one from my neighbor ?

Photo of the day "Hell Week"


No comments:

Post a Comment