Saturday, August 11, 2012

Tornado

While not wildly popular, and I doubt the blog will ever go viral, I have gone over 8000 views.  Thanks to all my followers and dedicated readers.

I missed my blog last night because Kyle was out at his girl friends house with the laptop.

A huge storm, and tornado touched down in Oakdale and Ronkonkoma....Global WarNing ??

When I got home from work, I got a much needed haircut and visiting my new State Farm agency to finish up some paperwork.  They beat Geico and Allstate (who I was with) by enough money to make me smile and move.  Now homeowners and auto insurance under the same company.

This day in history "On August 10, 1977, 24-year-old postal employee David Berkowitz is arrested and charged with being the "Son of Sam," the serial killer who terrorized New York City for more than a year, killing six young people and wounding seven others with a .44-caliber revolver. Because Berkowitz generally targeted attractive young women with long brown hair, hundreds of young women had their hair cut short and dyed blond during the time he terrorized the city. Thousands more simply stayed home at night. After his arrest, Berkowitz claimed that demons and a black Labrador retriever owned by a neighbor named Sam had ordered him to commit the killings."

Growing up in Queens, the Son of Sam was a story that everyone was a ware of...this is before txt, internet and 24 hour news.  We went out to play, hang out, and those old enough to have cars in their late teens usually ended up on a quiet street, parking lot, or park.  I remember my sister and her boyfriend being read the riot act for being out so late.....

Thankfully, the crazy bastard was caught.

I called my sister, Jodi last night and we caught up on things.  Saturday, I will be going to the old neighborhood, Pomonok for a reunion.  An old timers or baby boomer reunion which thru the power of facebook, has attracted well over a hundred old timers..  Some of my old friends from the projects will be there.

So, after a slice of pizza and some mussels marinara, we played some ping pong in the basement, and settled in to watch the Redbulls play....

Photo of the day "Tornado"




No comments:

Post a Comment