Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kyle makes Sachem East Varsity Soccer

6 at 7.  A quick 6 miles at that.  Personal best time of 54 minutes.  Just a few months ago I was lucky to finish the same in an hour.  I scare Kyle when entering the house after my run.....he did not expect the door to open at 7am.

This day in history "
Hurricane Katrina makes landfall near New Orleans, Louisiana, as a Category 4 hurricane on this day in 2005. Despite being only the third most powerful storm of the 2005 hurricane season, Katrina was the worst natural disaster in the history of the United States. After briefly coming ashore in southern Florida on August 25 as a Category 1 hurricane, Katrina gained strength before slamming into the Gulf Coast on August 29. In addition to bringing devastation to the New Orleans area, the hurricane caused damage along the coasts of Mississippi and Alabama, as well as other parts of Louisiana."

Almost to the day, New Orleans got pounded by tropical storm Isacc.  Never underestimate the power of an of these named storms.

Kyle heads to tryouts and I head to work. Sue and Luke are planning a day out in Port Jefferson.

Kyle is happy to get a position on the Sachem East Varsity Soccer team.  He goes to the beach for the day with Gia.

Sue sends pics of the steamers and soup that she and Luke are eating.

I have meetings that last thru lunch.  One of the guys picks me up a blimpies best 6 inch hero.  After work I pick up my CSA fruits and veggies ...Two big bags.  A large assortment including edamame (soybeans).

Sue promised Kyle some taco bell when he makes the team...she had no doubt that he would.  I  have to agree....

Photo of he day "Sachem East Soccer"



No comments:

Post a Comment