Thursday, August 23, 2012

One a Day

The best intentions sometimes don't work out.  I started my run as usual about 3/4 mile from home I get a nature call.  Err on the side of caution when nature calls, and I walked back home.  NO real run this morning so tomorrow am hoping for a long run.

Same old back at the ranch.  Dinner, and then Luke wants to go fishing.

Kyle is out at the beach, Gavin is packing as we are leaving Saturday morning for Hartwick, and Sue is heading out for dinner with a friend.

This day in history "On this day in 1902, pioneering cookbook author Fannie Farmer, who changed the way Americans prepare food by advocating the use of standardized measurements in recipes, opens Miss Farmer's School of Cookery in Boston. In addition to teaching women about cooking, Farmer later educated medical professionals about the importance of proper nutrition for the sick."

I have to admit that I have a Fannie Farmer cookbook courtesy of my late Mother-In- Law Peggy.  She  bought it for me a long time ago and I still have it in my kitchen, it's yellowing pages coming in handy from time to time.

Nutrition is very important, and these days that's all you here about.  Restaurants offering low calorie healthy alternatives, and more and more advertising is being done for yogurts, probiotics, and nutritional supplements.

Photo of the day "One a Day"


Don't get me wrong, I like to snack, have some red meat once in a while, and can even be seen eating pernil from the bodega.  I do however, take a supplement for joint care, a fruit (banana or apple), and a new addition.....The Centrum Silver for Men 50+

No comments:

Post a Comment