Tuesday, November 20, 2012

3 in 1 foam roller

Waking up early for work was not so easy, and I have some new aches and pains from the long drives this past weekend.

Kyle is down for the count with a sore throat and general malaise.  He is taking a rare sick day.

At lunch time, my back is bothering me from sitting in my office so I decide to go to Sports Authority to see if they have any stretching and massage tools (rollers) so that I can start to get the kinks out.

This day in history "Brazilian soccer great Pele scores his 1,000th professional goal in a game, against Vasco da Gama in Rio de Janeiro's Maracana stadium. It was a major milestone in an illustrious career that included three World Cup championships.
Pele, considered one of the greatest soccer players ever to take the field, was born Edson Arantes do Nascimento in Tres Coracos, Brazil, in 1940. He acquired the nickname Pele during his childhood though the name has no meaning in his native Portuguese. When he was a teenager, he played for a minor league soccer club in Bauru in Sao Paulo state and in 1956 joined the major league Santos Football Club in the city of Sao Paulo, playing inside left forward. Two years later, he led the Brazilian national team to victory in the World Cup. Pele, who was only 17 years old, scored two goals to defeat Sweden in the final."

A short work week, as I took off Wed and Fri, so I am trying to get everything squared away.  Seems there is too much email and things to do.  I can only imagine how many hours in this uncomfortable chair I will have to spend next week trudging through thousands of emails.

Soccer practice announced...Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun.  No rest for these boys as they prepare for an EDP season and another college showcase.  Soccer used to be a Fall Sport.  Now it is Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.  Tournament and or EDP games the next three weekends....

When I get home from work, Kyle is doing homework, and Luke is already asking what's for dinner.  Chicken wings , sweat potatoes, and peas.  You have to eat fast nowadays or Luke will eat all the wings.  He is a growing boy.

I use the foam roller for my back, glutes, hip, and IBT.  It kind of hurts rolling my body on this thing.  I deal with it, as it is supposed to help loosen muscles, increase blood flow, and stretch those tight ligaments.  The video makes the maneuvers look easy and seemingly painless.  All this because I am too stubborn to go to Physical Therapy.

Made it to the gym after dinner.  Combo Cardio - Bike, Treadmill, Elliptical.  Magic Number drops to 175.

Photo of the day "3 in 1 foam roller"




No comments:

Post a Comment