Thursday, November 1, 2012

Staying ahead

Up early and out on the road to get to work before the traffic or crazy drivers.  With lights out all over the place, every intersection is a scary sight.  When I get to the LIE, I see that it is blocked at my entrance.  I am forced east and after a few miles, I am able to turn around and start heading west.  LIPA got to my intersection before me today...Are they staying ahead.

Once at work , the fun begins.  A constant barrage of calls, and meetings to get things repaired and working after the storm knocked out services all over NYC.  I accommodate visitors and welcome back folks who have not made it to the office until today.  We are staying ahead of the issues, at least I want to think I am staying ahead.

This day in history " The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in Rome, one of Italian artist Michelangelo's finest works, is exhibited to the public for the first time.
Michelangelo Buonarroti, the greatest of the Italian Renaissance artists, was born in the small village of Caprese in 1475. The son of a government administrator, he grew up in Florence, a center of the early Renaissance movement, and became an artist's apprentice at age 13. Demonstrating obvious talent, he was taken under the wing of Lorenzo de' Medici, the ruler of the Florentine republic and a great patron of the arts. After demonstrating his mastery of sculpture in such works as the Pieta (1498) and David (1504), he was called to Rome in 1508 to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel—the chief consecrated space in the Vatican."

Away from work, I make some fish and chips for dinner.  I have some work tonight setup for St Louis to re-engineer a service.  I check in and find that it is not working out.  We are just trying to stay ahead.  It is now 10pm, and I have to keep trying to help get a service restored.  We are falling behind.

I did take a quick ride on the exercise bike to see if my leg would tolerate it.  7 miles in 30 minutes and no issue.  My doctors office called today and I got my pre-certification for MRI.  I sure hope they find something because I really want to run.

If I run, a I am sure I will be "Staying ahead"


Does my Magic Number Drop if I biked instead of running ?  Hey, I am just trying to Stay Ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment