Sunday, October 14, 2012

Frost

It is cleanup day in the Jenkins house.  I am still not feeling well, and when Kyle gets up to go to soccer practice he doesn't seem quite right.  100.4 fever and a headache.  Uh Oh.  Not my fault.  Luke had a cold last week.

I go outside to get the newspaper and it is cold as predicted.  I notice some frost on my car.  

After breakfast I start to clean the bathrooms and do a general relocated of items to the basement or garage.  As the house wakes up, every gets in on the cleanup.

This day in history "The cornerstone is laid for a presidential residence in the newly designated capital city of Washington. In 1800, President John Adams became the first president to reside in the executive mansion, which soon became known as the "White House" because its white-gray Virginia freestone contrasted strikingly with the red brick of nearby buildings."

I don't think any Mr. or Mrs. President has had to clean the house.  I have come to the conclusion that we either need less stuff, a bigger house, or a maid.  Guess which is the most plausible solution to the messy house syndrome ?  Time to donate stuff to charity.

I put up a crock pot of Beef Stew.  This is one of my fall favorites, and I even got the dumplings to come out right today.  Sue says it reminded her of her mother, who we miss very much.

After dinner, Luke and I go to a couple of local ponds to try out our new weedless frog lures.  Nothing doing as we get skunked.

Photo of the day "Frost"


P.S. This is the type of frost that I see almost every morning parked out on the street.  I am not quite sure why my windshield is so prone to getting glazed over.  Sometimes the thin coating of frost is so stubborn it takes the edge of a credit card to scrape it off......(better than any ice scraper I have ever used). 

No comments:

Post a Comment