Friday, October 12, 2012

Under the weather

I have not gone for a run for a few days now.  Weather not cooperating, work, pickups at school, and now a fall cold (URI) Rhinovirus....who knows (nose).  Just don't feel well this afternoon.  Under the weather.

Pick up some Jewish penicillin at the Holbrook Diner, and a roasted chicken from Lombardis market.  For those wondering, Jewish penicillin is chicken noodle soup with matzoh balls.  Ask me what a matzoh ball is if you have to.

Sue teaching religion class tonight.  The 2nd to last of her long , I think 14 year career as a catechist.  Thanks to her and the repetitive nature of 3 boys being taught religion at home, I may very well know more or at least as much about being RC, as about being Jewish.

This day in history "
By 1975, 26-year-old Bruce Springsteen had two heavily promoted major-label albums behind him, but nothing approaching a popular hit. Tapped by Columbia Records as the Next Big Thing back in 1973, he'd been marketed first as the "New Dylan" and then as America's new "Street Poet," but unless you were a rock-journalism junkie or had been witness to one of his raucous three-hour live shows in an East Coast rock club, you'd probably never bought one of his records or even heard his name. That would all change soon, however, for the poet laureate of the Jersey Shore. On this day in 1975, the epic single "Born to Run" became Bruce Springsteen's first-ever Top 40 hit, marking the start of his eventual transition from little-known cult figure to international superstar."

Not really a fan of Bruce - the boss Springsteen, but seemed appropriate blog entry with the born to run.  It took me nearly 50 years to realize that I was born to run.

I lay low most of the night.  A cup of coffee, a cup of tea, a pumpkin muffin ( still good a day or so later).  Early to bed...even got a glimpse of the vice presidential debate.  A spirited debate, and our current Vice President is a little rude ?  You think ?  Kyle says that I can be like Biden sometimes...if I interrupt (more like when I interrupt), I tend to get louder.  A product of my environment as a child.....

Photo of the day "RhinoVirus"




Late Blog Excuse - Rhino's can't type


No comments:

Post a Comment