Sunday, October 7, 2012

Under the Bridge

If you didn't know it was fall yet, today had all the signs.  Cool in the morning.  From sun to rain in only a few hours.  Leaves on the ground.  I think the last of Indian summer is gone.

Kyle and Sue are up before dawn for a trek into Brooklyn for day two of the soccer tournament.  I cant sleep after hearing them up, so around 6am, I go downstairs to wish Kyle good luck.

Shortly after making coffee, I decide to go for a run....no rain yet.

This day in history "On this day in 2003, actor Arnold Schwarzenegger is elected governor of California, the most populous state in the nation with the world's fifth-largest economy. Despite his inexperience, Schwarzenegger came out on top in the 11-week campaign to replace Gray Davis, who had earlier become the first United States governor to be recalled by the people since 1921. Schwarzenegger was one of 135 candidates on the ballot, which included career politicians, other actors, and one adult-film star."

I'll be back.  The Governator !

After a brisk 8+ mile run, I make breakfast and wait for Luke to get out of bed.  Around 830, I tell him that we can go fishing at Captree State Park before it rains.

We freeze our butts off at the docks, and after an hour or so, and a handful of fish caught, we head to the bridge.  We stop at the concession for hot chocolate.  I did tell you that it is Fall.  Well,  it is much warmer and less windy down by the dunes.  The fishing is not so good under the bridge and we manage to hook the bottom and loose a few rigs.

Kyle gets an assist again today, but the team falls short with a 2-1 loss.  Sue and Kyle are back home before  Luke and I.  A twist of fate, the team they played today from Canada, gets disqualified for having 17 year old players.  We would have been playing them again tomorrow for the semi-finals, but instead will be playing against a local team from East Meadow.

I send a note to my boss that I am taking a half day off.  I will work from home starting at 6am...don't want to miss the semi-final.  I think ISA United, Kyles team has a good shot at going the distance and winning this tournament.

Photo of the day "Under the Bridge"



P.S. We take the walk thru the dunes and fish under the bridge.  The bay as flat as a lake.  We see a bunch of boats fishing for striped bass...no fish, no bait in the water, no birds working.....  We will try again.  May need to get that night fishing permit.

28 miles covered so far in October.  The magic number drops to 272.

No comments:

Post a Comment