Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mayan Colander (Sachem East Soccer Pasta Dinner)

Took Kyle to work and then went to pick up more food for the Sachem East Soccer Pasta Dinner that we will be hosting tonight.  Needed chicken cutlets, bread, and salad.

Such a nice morning, I decided to go for a run.  Again, my right hip started hurting.  Very strange and more than uncomfortable.  Maybe I need to stretch more, and use some ice the next few days.  I really don't want to stop for any length of time.

This day in history "On this day in 1959, on New York City's Fifth Avenue, thousands of people line up outside a bizarrely shaped white concrete building that resembled a giant upside-down cupcake. It was opening day at the new Guggenheim Museum, home to one of the world's top collections of contemporary art."

Spend most of the day cooking.  I like to cook, and was preparing for as many as 20 H.S. athletes with good appetites.  With the chicken cutlets, baked ziti, and meatballs in their trays, I limped upstairs for a shower.  

The first set of boys start arriving around 445pm, and I get all the catering trays, and sterno's going.  By 530 or so, there are only half a dozen boys at the house, so I tell Kyle to start eating.  Good thing these guys have a big appetite.  They put a dent in the food trays, and after a few more boys show up, we open up a new tray or two.  

So, I put the Mayan Colander to the test today.  3 lbs of ziti, a couple of pounds of pasta.   We have lots of leftovers and will be eating chicken cutlet parmigiana, baked ziti, and meatballs for lunch and dinner this week.

Photo of the day "Mayan Colander"


P.S. Luke went to his first past party too.  At the Caldwell's.  They had 20+ come over, so you never know.

Magic Number 236

No comments:

Post a Comment