Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Goal

I am feeling well enough to make my way back to the mean streets of Holbrook and Sayville.  A cool 7 mile run...albeit not my easiest run after missing 5 days, and still a bit under the weather.

Decide to meet Sue at Samoset for Luke's soccer game.  A 1-0 loss in overtime.  Damn.  Luke played well but his team could not get one past the keeper.

Back home there are chicken nuggets and fresh cut french fries for Luke.  Sue, Kyle and I are waiting for chicken pot pies to crisp up in the oven.

This day in history "During a game against his old team, the Edmonton Oilers, Canadian ice hockey great Wayne Gretzky breaks Gordie Howe's National Hockey League career scoring record of 1,850 points."

While my boys are no scoring machines like Wayne, they have had their share of goals over the years.

We don't go to see Kyle play because the HS rules are that if you miss practice, you don't play.  Kyle missed weekend practice as he had a fever that day.  Turns out Kyle is asked to play and gets about 60 minutes playing time in the game.

Highlights
Sachem East 1, Patchogue-Medford 0: Kyle Jenkins scored the winning goal with 25 minutes left to play off a scramble following a corner kick to lift Sachem East (6-4) in League I. Chris Gutierrez made seven saves in the shutout.

So you  see, we did not go to the game.  Kyle did not get hurt, or re-hurt.  Kyle scores winning goal.  I am waiting for webcams to be placed at the field so we can see the simulcast on our smartphones...

Two Broke Girls ...funny as ever.  Luke convinces me to bake some chocolcate, chocolate filled cup cakes. As Sophie says on the show "I like cupcakes"

Photo of the day "Goal"




No comments:

Post a Comment